Torton is a well established company established in 1938 under its "Pilot Caravans" name, changing to Torton Bodies Ltd in 1961. It employs a wide range of skills throughout the factory where the units are produced, in the office administration and outside with our exhibition drivers and operators.
Torton is particularly proud of its staff and this is reflected in the long service many have given.
Although we may not be recruiting at this particular time, we are always pleased to hear from you if you feel you have particular skills to offer. Please send your CV by post or e-mail to Mr C T Andrews.
Please note we recruit direct and do not use agencies in this process.
Event Co-ordinator/Accounts Admin | £ Dependant on experience
25 hours per week over 5 days (Monday - Friday) / Flexible
With over 50 years of experience in the manufacture of mobile exhibition units, Torton are leaders in our field. We are one of the few companies who can give a complete one-stop-shop service, not only do we offer a complete build and design service but we also offer a full operation and complete management service, taking the units from venue to venue, servicing, valeting, refurbishment and repair.
The role of Event Co-ordinator/Accounts Admin is varied across various elements of the business predominately based in the accounts environment with a client focus alongside the transport department but often become involved in other aspects of the business.
You will be liaising with senior managers and directors on a regular basis so the ability to interact at all levels is essential.
Activities often include:
- Client liaison to ascertain their precise event requirements/timings;
- Confirming client bookings;
- Co-ordination/Allocation/Planning of duties to drivers;
- Matching and input of purchase payments onto purchase ledger;
- Sales ledger invoice entry;
- Project management - data input of costs incurred from receipts, timesheet and other misc costs, analysis of same to invoice own client events;
- Office Admin skills - Telephone/Switchboard, I.T Skills, Photocopying, Filing;
- Ad-hoc tasks as required by line manager;
- Ability to make decisions and work under pressure in an ever changing events business;
- Confidence in dealing with customers and suppliers by phone and in person;
- Excellent planning, communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to absorb and assess information quickly;
- Accounts software training will be provided in house; applicant requires comprehensive Excel, Word, Outlook and general Microsoft Office skills.
Vehicle Bodybuilders | £ Dependant on experience
Torton manufacture bespoke Motorised and Trailer Exhibition Units and Clinics.
We are looking for experienced bodybuilders to work within a team, building from chassis stage to completion.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibition Driver | £ Negotiable
Torton produce trailer and motorised exhibition / advice units and need drivers to take these around the UK. Duties will include the set up and sometimes staying with the exhibition being part of the team.
Vacancies for either B & E, C1, C & E category licence holders.
Long term and short term contracts.
Apply by email to email@example.com